Review of Syllabus
- The expectations of the research blogs are to post ongoing process, exercises, and reading reflections.
- The difference between evaluation of projects and the evaluation of exercises is that projects are in depth and thought out. Exercises are more for personal motivation and completion isn’t crucial.
- The critique policy is that attendance is mandatory and you can only submit late projects one day late.
- The attendance policy is that if you are 5 minutes late or leave 15 minutes early, it equals one absence. Throughout the term, you get three absences total before your grade drops.
Review of Slides
- The characteristics of digital media are numerical representation, modulating, automation, and variability.
- Examples of digital characteristics in everyday use are: numerical representation is used when picking a background color or font color on a computer for a blog or email. A kind of automation is the use of filters on sites such as Instagram.
- The difference between vector graphics and pixel graphics is that vectors are mathematical formulas and can be scaled up or down without information loss, and are output to a generally small file size. Pixel graphics are bitmapped images and are determined by a grid. These images can’t be scaled easily without losing pixels.
- Cassandra C Jones’ art relies on repetition to create images that a human hand could not replicate as perfectly.
- Jones creates texture and patterning in her images which create negative space and line.