– colors and composition based on the polaroid film pack
-i chose this subject because I have owned many polaroid cameras and am familiar with the history and popular culture surrounding them.
1947 – first polaroid camera demonstrated, edwin h. land
1950’s – film, then color film, and automatic cameras come out
1960’s – polaroid comes out with the swinger
1970’s and 1980’s – andy warhol, big shot camera, the sx-70, and the one step
1990’s – izone camera comes out
2000’s – polaroid’s chemical factory is closed, and bought by impossible project, taylor swift releases her album “1989” featuring a polaroid on the cover.
images are being modified and taken out of original context and grouped with like images to produce an educational piece of art.
Images Provided by
- Classic Film: https://www.flickr.com/photos/29069717@N02/10110682836/in/photostream/
- The Impossible Project: https://blog.the-impossible-project.com
- 5election: http://www.5election.com/2010/11/20/edwin-herbert-land-polaroid-company/
- Collectors Weekly: www.collectorsweekly.com
- Tim Williams : https://www.flickr.com/photos/74693095@N00/326449313
- TGL Direct: http://www.tgldirect.com/products/polaroid/vintage-polaroid-close-up-kit-473-583a-for-automatic-land-cameras/168204420000/
- Lance Bangs: http://lancebangs.tumblr.com/post/4772208664/polaroid-early-1990s-graffiti-in-the-dressing-room
- The Andy Warhol Foundation for the Visual Arts NY: http://molosketchbook.blogspot.com/2010/05/kurt-vs-andy-my-review-on-cab.html
- National Geographic: http://www.crazysuburbanmom.com/2012/06/vintage-image-of-day-june-11-12.html
- Kate Jackling: http://katejackling.com/polaroid-factory/